Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cottage adventure

809pm- wow, what a awesome 24 hours. so on monday my bf colin asked me if I wanted to go up to his cottage with his friend Alex and his gf. He picked me up at 1230 on Tuesday, ( he also met my dad for the first time), we got in his truck and started driving but it started raining so we pulled over and took out stuff out and brought it inside the truck until we could buy garbage bags. We went to SuperStore in Halifax and since we didn't want to buy a box of 50 garbage bags when we only needed 5, we took them and shoved them under our shirts ( rebels i know ;p), we were starving so we picked up some sushi ( and yes we did pay for it).

   We drove to pick up Alex and his gf (fyi colin truck only fits 3 people so his gf ended up sitting on Alex's lap the whole way there and back). The cottage is in Mahone Bay which is about 60-90 mins from Halifax so semi road trip, once we got there we ran into Colin's dad who was just finishing up some work on the place, he offered us his car to go into town and get some groceries. While driving we were a little his dad would find the cases of beer in the truck (Colin is still 18) but we reasoned everything would be okay even if he found the beer. Getting back his dad was getting ready to leave and we were about to cook dinner ( we decided to BBQ burgers) and it was yum yum yum!

    After dinner we decided to start on the beer and put on a movie (finding nemo) but the sound wasn't working so we watched it on subtitles while playing Jenga. The movie grew boring so the guys starting playing Mario on the old Nintendo. So this goes on for a few hours and we're all still drinking, talking and having a great time when someone suggested we do POWER HOUR (taking a shot of beer every minute for a hour), I only made 40mins then I started doing shots every 2 mins, but Colin and Alex stuck it out and made an hour. So proud! After that I can't really remember what happened but I woke up with a such a headache, but I guess thats what I deserve (no regrets though), I had some breakfast (cereal) and took a shower, which really made me feel good and started packing my stuff and making sure I didn't forget anything.
Here is what we all drank last night!




    We left around 1130 or so and made a stop at Tim Hortons ( for all non-Canadians Tim Hortons is like a national symbol; Here take a look: Tim Hortons), I got a small hot chocolate and a bottle of water to help curb my hangover. Colin got 2 bagels and gave me one :). We hit the road again and didn't stop again until we got to Alex's house and dropped him off. We then drove back to my house, Colin helped me bring my stuff in and stayed for a few minute but he was happy to see my dog (even gave him part of his cookie) he asked if I could take a picture of my dog and send it to him.


All in all it was a great day/night and I can't wait for more adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment